There is a rumor that Best Buy has an endcap for a promotional display of Diablo III with a listed release date of “Feburary” 1 in the U.S. via this picture sent from a supposed Best Buy employee to Joystiq.
I am as ready for this game to come out as anyone, but I never believe the release date unless it comes directly from Blizzard. Besides, there are some sketchy curiosities about this image:
- The actual release date listed is hidden by light glare
- There is light glare in two places on the display (possible, but unusual)
- The countdown timer doesn’t seem to make any sense whatsoever
- The month of February is incorrectly spelled as “Feburary”
- According to the employee, the release is February 1st, which is not a Tuesday
So, if this were an episode of Mythbusters, I would plausibly call this one BUSTED.
About the Author
|I’m the gamer your mother warned you about:
I was introduced to video games on the Atari 2600, and quickly moved to a Nintendo, where The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Dragon Warrior dominated my early non-Mario years. Now days, I do mostly PC gaming, and some console gaming. I’ve been in and out of rehab, and there’s no saving a nerd like me. NerdLife4Ever.
ikecube has written 96 posts on Delta Attack.