“Hey, that cool-looking $9.99 RPG is on sale for just 99 cents! I better get it now!”
“Stop right there!”
“Why should I listen to you, me from the future?”
“I’m not from the future. I’m from the present, and I’ve reached into the past to stop you from wasting a dollar! No one is from the future, you jack ass.”
Heroes Tales, by Chinese publisher Noumena Innovations (BVI) Ltd., is completely broken garbage that looked cool enough to spend a buck on. I’ve tried multiple methods to get it to working (Re-installing, uninstalling, rebooting the app, rebooting the device, clearing the cached files, and even a firmware update), but nothing worked.
Each and every time, you get stuck at the same point: the character selection screen.
If you love character selection screens but hate the hassle of games that you can play, then Heroes Tales is the game for you. Otherwise, avoid Heroes Tales at all costs.
If you weren’t so lucky, and you want a refund, here’s what you need to do:
- Open up iTunes on your Computer.
- Click on the iTunes Store.
- At the top, you’ll see your username. Click on it and go to “Account.”
- You may get a password prompt here. Type your password and log-in.
- Scroll down to “Purchase History” and hit the “See All” link.
- Your purchase history appears. Find “Heroes Tales, v1.0.0″ and click the arrow next to its name.
- Click on the link labeled “Report a Problem”.
- Under reason, select “This application does not function as expected”.
- Explain how the app is broken and unplayable. Be sure to request a refund.
That’s it. Keep your fingers crossed, as there’s no guarantees that you’ll get your cash back. However, Heroes Tales is pretty broken, so there’s a good chance you’ll get your refund.Tweet
About the Author
|Fade to Slack is a founding member of Delta Attack, an American expatriate in South Korea, and a true believer in the legitimacy of mobile gaming.
Keep up with him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Fade2Slack so he can justify having a Twitter account.
Fade to Slack has written 352 posts on Delta Attack.