Disco Zoo: The game that lets you rescue animals from their natural habitats to put them where they belong – confined in your tidy mirror-balled zoo. Use our handy guide to sniff out each animal’s specific pattern and minimize mistakes and maximize captures! I mean “rescues”!
Who needs the ZooPedia, anyway?
Updated 4/30/2014 – Ice Age animal patterns added.
FARM ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Sheep / Pig / Rabbit
RARE: Horse / Cow
OUTBACK ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Crocodile / Platypus / Kangaroo
RARE: Koala / Cockatoo
SAVANNA ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Zebra / Hippo / Giraffe
RARE: Lion / Elephant
NORTHERN ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Bear / Skunk / Beaver
RARE: Moose / Fox
POLAR ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Penguin / Seal / Muskox
RARE: Polar Bear / Walrus
JUNGLE ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Toucan / Monkey / Gorilla
RARE: Tiger / Panda
JURASSIC ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Diplodocus / Stegosaurus / Raptor
RARE: T-Rex / Triceratops
ICE AGE ANIMAL PATTERNS
COMMON: Wooly Rhino / Giant Sloth / Dire Wolf
RARE: Saber Tooth / Mammoth
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Collect coins that pop up while browsing the zoo. They can be worth anywhere from 1 to 1000 coins, depending on how lucky you are. Finding a 1K coin can save you a ton of time!
- In addition to coins, zoo patrons will chuck discobux on occasion. Snatch those, too!
- Periodically, some of your animals will “escape” from their rescue holding cells. Tap the magnifying lens icon that pops up to engage in the searching challenge. Finding stray animals is easy (just search throughout the habitats until you find them; they’re marked with exclamation points), and you’ll be rewarded with a handsome sum of coins or discobux for finding them and returning them to safety.
- When you get an offer to sell one or more of your animals, go for it unless you’re trying desperately to unlock the next rescue tier. They’re worth a ton of cash, and we’re sure they’ll be just as happy in some other random rescue resort.
- Don’t go chasing waterfalls! Or, rather, don’t bother rescuing an animal you know you can’t catch. For instance, if there’s three more rabbit tiles on the map and you only have two attempts remaining, try to find some coins instead.
- Early on in the game, the hour long disco party is the way to go. Aside from eeking out a rare or mythical rescue, this is what you should be saving your discobux for. For 10 discobux, you can rack up plenty of loot – your animals are guaranteed to stay awake for an entire hour, and their coin output is doubled. No rest for the rescued!
- Always try to root out the rare and mythical creatures over common ones. As you might have guessed, they show up less often, and since the price of rescues goes up with every attempt, it’s just more efficient. Also, rare critters produce more coins. Use the pattern tables in this guide, and you should be able to find those rare/mythical animals when they decide to show up.
- Opt for the 1 minute disco party to wake all your critters at once and reset the sleep timer.
- After maxing out the level of any given animal, you can release them for cash once rescued and work towards getting trophies. When you get an animal’s trophy, your reward is a free disco party. BRONZE TROPHY = 1 minute disco party. SILVER TROPHY = 5 minute disco party. GOLD TROPHY = 10 minute disco party. DIAMOND TROPHY = 15 minute disco party.
- Take the free attempts offer only when you’re sure you can catch another animal in five turns. Once you’ve seen all the videos they want to show you that day, they won’t offer them again for a while.
About the Author
|Mark A. Brooks uses the A. initial in his name so as to seperate himself from the teeming legions of other Mark Brookses (there are at least 65,000 in the state of Michigan alone).
Keep up with him on twitter, because why not. @unoriginalG
Mark A. Brooks has written 626 posts on Delta Attack.